Friday 17 October 2008

Xtreme Reality


























Xtreme Reality
by Kayleigh Hendrassen

If you want beautiful, realistic skins for both men and women there's only one place that I can honestly recommend(and mind you, this is coming from a girl who's very picky), that's Xtreme Reality(XR) in Mystical Island. Since joining SL not so long ago i've been on a manhunt(or is it skinhunt?) for the perfect skin and was relieved to discover the beautiful selections provided by XR. 'Adrianna,' one of their newest products(and my new fav) is available in two gorgeous skin tones and like most of their products can be purchased in a single make-up ensemble or as a bundle pack which includes all 9 make-up shades. I'm not gonna lie to you, the pricetag can(and probably will) run into the thousands - for example, Adrianna's full bundle pack for either the Fair or Tan skin tone will run you $7995L but for any one specific shade of make-up it's a steal at $1495L. The other products vary in prices for different options but all hover around the same figure give or take a few hundred linden. The men's skins are priced much lower but offer the same amazing quality along with your choice of facial hair! So if you're looking for quality and love your avatar as much as I do, then stop by Xtreme Reality and check out their products!


Kayleigh Hendrassen: Hello Mystical Demina, thank you for talking with me.

Mystical Demina: Hi, thank you for asking me.

KH: First off, and in layman's terms(lol), how are Xtreme Reality skins developed?

MD: Well, can't get all the details but can say it took me 6 months to come up with my workflow and techniques. I use techniques that are used in TV animation and video game development that is a mixture of 3D graphic tools and 2D graphic tools. The main thing that I have done is not base the skins on a single mono tone base layer like most skins do. Instead I have a multi-layered approach that I believe gives are more realistic skin texture.

KH: How long have you been developing skins?

MD: It has been over a year now.

KH: Why do you think your product is more unique than other skins on the market?

MD: I believe the luminosity of the skin gives it a unique look that has a more real feeling, and the approach I have to coloration of the skin has a more real feeling than using monotone base colors like many skins do.

KH: How can the general public stay up to date on your product information?

MD: I have a blog at http://www.xrskins.com/. We have a subscription group and an SL group Xtreme Reality. And we use the release services like Fashion Consolidated.

KH: Thank you for your time, any parting words?

MD: Thank you very much for inviting me to have this interview.
















No comments: